subversion-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Bruni <jbr...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: http:// works on intranet but not internet
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 04:40:00 GMT

> On Feb 11, 2015, at 8:54 PM, James <oldyoungguy88@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I was able to access SVN server from different machines by using my public ip address,
such as http://146.115.74.4/svn/repository1, <http://146.115.74.4/svn/repository1,>
within my home network. But I cannot access it from outside with internet. The test web page
behave the same. I am using the default port: 80.

> I have configured my FVS318 NETGRAR router forwarding the http traffic to my web server
machine which is the same machine as the SVN server.

> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Many ISPs block port 80 unless you purchase a “commercial grade” internet connection.
Check your terms and conditions. You’ll probably find some language that explicitly prohibits
you from running a server.

This is easy enough to work around. Just have your web server listen on a different port other
than the well known http port 80.