subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Aw: No author problem for svn server
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:04:34 GMT
Hi,

On 20/03/15 16:54, Andreas Stieger wrote:
> Your configuration requires a password for reading, but everyone (!) can commit.
> This should be the other way around, e.g.
> <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
>
> See https://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#no-author why you have no author without auth
challenge.

I would like to pre-empt Jeff's question brought to me privately:
To require authentication for ALL operations, which one can assume is
desired for a corporate deployment, simply do not wrap in  <Limit> and
<LimitExcept> at all, this making the "Require valid-user" requirement
effective for all requests. You may refer to the Apache httpd
documentation for detail on this.

Andreas