subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Merge trunk and prod directories without workspace
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:15:11 GMT

On Mar 16, 2015, at 8:19 AM, Lathan Bidwell wrote:

> I have a content management system running on top of SVN. My web servers run a post commit
hook that does svn update off of svnlook after every commit.

> I currently have a "Publish" operation which I implement by doing svn delete $prod_url
&& svn cp $trunk_url $prod_url. (both repo urls)

> This causes problems because the post commit hook triggers a delete of the folder on
my production web server, and then sometimes takes longer to re-download all the content (some
folders have some decent media, about 15-30 gig).

> General Question: How can I do this operation without checking out the folder to a workspace,
and do it in 1 revision?

svnmucc can do it in one revision. Or you could use the language bindings.

> Are there reasons why there isn't a repo to repo merge action? or could that be looked
into in future versions?

I'm not sure I understand. What would this action do?