subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copy and Reduce the size of SVn repos
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 21:00:31 GMT
On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Tony Sweeney <sweeney@addr.com> wrote:

> As I recall, this was feature request #13 after Perforce was released, and was implemented
the best part of 15 years ago.  As near as I can tell it's architecturally impossible to implement
in Subversion as a consequence of some of the initial design choices.  Subversion has served
me well, but this has been a glaring misfeature since its inception:

I have to agree.  I can't imagine anyone using subversion for any
length of time without having some things committed that shouldn't be
there.   It probably would still be the main topic of conversation
here if everyone had not simply given up hope long ago.

--
  Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com