subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stümpfig, Thomas <thomas.stuemp...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Update Error over VPN
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 00:09:17 GMT

Hi Bert, All
"a REPORT require on '/svn/..../!svn/me' failed " this is the only message my colleague is
getting. Same message with command line tools ,
. Server side (VisualSVN) error cannot exactly be linked to the users action -perhaps this
could be an enhancement to mod_dav_svn - send a transaction id in the http header and log
it. The server Error very probably is: "Error writing base64 data: APR does not understand
this error code  [500, #620018] (We have ~300 commits per day and many more reading operations.
The error occurs only in WAN circumstances, and only on large updates (>2GB). In LAN environment
everything is ok. The user in question has got a 100Mb/s DOCIS3.0 line IPV6 based IPV4 carrier
grade nat accessing the companies network via juniper client.
 Meanwhile I read about apache timeout,... and set this to 1800 -> 30min... I hope this
fixes the issues .... I'll keep this list informed

regards
Thomas

From: Bert Huijben [mailto:bert@qqmail.nl]
Sent: Sonntag, 8. März 2015 13:20
To: Stümpfig, Thomas; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: RE: Update Error over VPN

                Hi Thomas,

It is kind of hard to answer questions on what might have failed if you only post a specific
part of a failure.

Usually the error would contain a lot more details, such as how it failed; possibly network
related errors.  You just note that it failed... and then try to ask us why.

In general the Subversion client should have told you why, and then we might be able to help
you resolve why it failed... Now the only thing we can do is note that it failed... Which
is something you already knew.

The E0001234 codes provide valuable information and in many cases allow you to google for
the result, but in many cases there are even more helpful hints in the error messages.

                Bert