subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stümpfig, Thomas <thomas.stuemp...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Update Error over VPN
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:51:00 GMT
I forgot to mention, indeed, the full path in the error message indicates that large avi files
were involved in the update operation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alfred von Campe [mailto:alfred@von-campe.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 10. März 2015 15:59
To: Bert Huijben
Cc: Branko Čibej; Stümpfig, Thomas; users@subversion.apache.org; Nico Kadel-Garcia
Subject: Re: Update Error over VPN

Bert:

> This error can be triggered (without further details) if our serf HTTP library decides
to cancel the request... But for that it would need a good reason.

> It would be very interesting to know what caused this... A network trace (or serf debug
output) would be very valuable. What platform do you see these problems on?

The client and server are both running Linux: CentOS 6.6 with WANdisco V1.8.11 binaries on
the client and Red Hat 5.8 with compiled from source 1.7.5 binaries on the server.  How to
I create a network trace and/or serf debug output?

> In another somehow related case that I'm investigating (strict firewall over a VPN link)
it really helped to switch to the Subversion 1.9 pre-beta version... It would be very interesting
to know if this has the same effect for you.

I can ask the user to give this a try.  Do you have binaries for CentOS 6.6 available?

Alfred
Siemens Industry Software GmbH & Co. KG; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln;
Kommanditgesellschaft: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRA
28227;
Geschäftsführung und persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Siemens Industry Software Management
GmbH;
Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht:
Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 70858