subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: 411 Length Required error thrown, yet Subersion server is not Fronted by proxy or reverse proxy
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 21:40:29 GMT
                Hi,

My guess would be that you somehow still use some transparent proxy. Squid is commonly setup
in this way. A network dump should show you headers in this case.

It really depends on your setup, but in most cases the easiest workaround is to use https
as in general that avoids all proxy issues by encrypting the lower layers.

What kind of ‘error 400’ do you get when you disable http-chunked-requests? Usually this
should avoid errors in this case, but without the actual message the number 400 doesn’t
provide enough information for further investigation.

                Bert

From: Nolan Anderson [mailto:N.Anderson@BIT-Group.com]
Sent: donderdag 2 april 2015 21:20
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: 411 Length Required error thrown, yet Subersion server is not Fronted by proxy or
reverse proxy

​Dear all,
I am having a fairly bizarre issue (at least bizarre to me) with respect to SVN version 1.8.11
and libapache2-svn version 1.8.11-1+WANdisco.
I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and apache 2.2.22
When I downgrade the libapache2-svn version to 1.6.17dfsg-3ubuntu3.4, everything is fine --
however, when I upgrade libapache2-svn, the 411 error gets thrown. I've tried changing the
http-chunked-requests to 'yes', and I still get the same error ('no' gives me the 400 error),
I've tried setting the http-library option to serf, and there was no change.
Any help or suspicions would be much appreciated

Thanks so much!
-Nolan