subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Dealing with very old repo format (version 1)
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 23:05:33 GMT
For future reference: if svnadmin is version 1.9 or newer, it should
have the 'info' subcommand, which will display both the repository
format and the FS format.

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.9#svnadmin-info

Daniel
(1.9 hasn't been released yet, as of this writing)

Andrew Reedick wrote on Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 21:03:12 +0000:
> Does anyone have any tips on how to upgrade a very old repo?  The db/format lists "1".
 A 1.8 svn client cannot hotcopy, dump or "svnadmin upgrade" such an old repo, all of which
fail with "svnadmin: E720002: Can't open file 'devel\db\current': The system cannot find the
file specified."

> Do I need find a really old svn client (1.3?) and upgrade?  Do I need to manually create
the db/current file?

> Supposedly , a format of "1" is from pre-svn 1.0.  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/repos.h
-> "Formats 0, 1 and 2 were pre-1.0."