subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Dealing with very old repo format (version 1)
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 04:03:00 GMT
On 29.04.2015 05:09, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Andrew Reedick <jreedick@incomm.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any tips on how to upgrade a very old repo?  The db/format lists
"1".  A 1.8 svn client cannot hotcopy, dump or "svnadmin upgrade" such an old repo, all of
which fail with "svnadmin: E720002: Can't open file 'devel\db\current': The system cannot
find the file specified."

>> Do I need find a really old svn client (1.3?) and upgrade?  Do I need to manually
create the db/current file?

>> Supposedly , a format of "1" is from pre-svn 1.0.  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/repos.h
-> "Formats 0, 1 and 2 were pre-1.0."
> Why can't you do a fresh working copy, and copy all files except those
> in '.svn' subdirectories?

Without db/current, he can't perform a checkout, and if he could and
just copied the file, he'd be throwing away all history.

-- Brane