subversion-users mailing list archives

From Sunjit Tara <sunjit_t...@yahoo.com>
Subject Subversion and Non-Latin Characters in RHEL
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 16:00:38 GMT
Hi,          We ship SVN with our product, it was compiled in RHEL 5 and the binary is
shipped along with the product where it can be installed on RHEL 5, 6 or 7. Recently we found
a problem specific to using Non Latin characters in the file name, it works fine if you are
on RHEL 5 but on RHEL 6/7 we get errors.
On the other hand, if we compile the source code in RHEL 6 and use that binary on RHEL 6 and
7 -- Non Latin character file names work fine (add/update/delete). But it is not backward
compatible with RHEL 5, so just for RHEL 5 we have to ship the binary compiled on RHEL 5.
Has anyone seen this or aware of this limitation? I understand the common behavior is to compile
and run the package on the same OS level but for products that embed SVN and ship for RHEL,
how do you tackle this limitation for Non Latin languages?
Thanks in Advance!