subversion-users mailing list archives

From jbl...@icloud.com
Subject Re: Protected/secure SVN
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 15:45:32 GMT

> On May 12, 2015, at 5:30 AM, D Ste <djiratest@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to set up SVN to store confidential documents.
> I have secured the pipe communication with HTTPS/SSL.  To avoid unauthorized users (even
with root access) accessing documents from within the server, I would like to protect the
SVN linux folder/files with encryption.

> Are there any ways to secure the SVN using protected folders or encryption? So only authorized
users can access these confidential documents.

> Thanks in advance for your helps.

You could encrypt the documents before commiting them into the repository, but that would
eliminate the benefit of storing deltas and being able to perform comparisons between revisions
even for authorized users.

For file-level encryption, I would recommend something like GnuPG. You would need to build
into your workflow the encryption/decryption steps from within your working copies. It will
be cumbersome at best.