subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: add hooks to repo
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 22:00:07 GMT
Hello,

On 18/06/15 20:26, Bill McCormick wrote:
> I have an existing repository and I'd like to be able to rev control
> hooks for the repo ... in the repo. Is there an easy way to do this?

No. Hooks live in the on-disk repository tree, not inside the versioned
file system. There is no specific feature to support this. An advanced
method would be hook wrappers that co/up/cat versioned code from the
repository, but there are several problems with that: crossing a
security boundary, self-lock-out and concurrency issues.

Andreas