subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bert Huijben <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.8.13 on Cygwin: E170000 or E180001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL , Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 03:16:41 GMT
The cygwin version of Subversion is a unix compilation of subversion running on Windows, via
the cygwin libraries. As such it doesn't understand special Windoes paths.

If you would use a normal windows client (compiled for windows; not cygwin) it would understand
that it should transform file://myserver/share/path to \\myserver\share\path.

If you would like to use the cygwin version, you should probably map the network share and
then relocate your working copy.

Bert

Sent from Surface

From: MORGAN Marc
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎June‎ ‎25‎, ‎2015 ‎3‎:‎47‎ ‎PM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Cc: MORGAN Marc

Hi,

I’ve been using subversion on my Windows 7 PC with Cygwin with a repository on a Linux server
accessed via file://.

I installed a brand new Cygwin version yesterday.

My local workspace lost its connection to the repository.

I can no longer access via svn the repository which I was previously using on the same PC.

% svn status -u

svn: E170000: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'file://server/path/repository/trunk'

svn: E170000: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL

svn: E170000: Local URL 'file://server/path/repository/trunk'contains unsupported hostname

% svn ls file:////server/path/repository

svn: E180001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'file:///server/path/repository'

svn: E180001: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL

svn: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///server/path/repository'

% ls //server/path/repository

conf  dav  db  format  hooks  locks  README.txt

The new svn version is 1.8.13 (r1667537) on i686-pc-cygwin. The previous svn version I was
using is 1.6.17.

With file:// I get the E170000 error. With file:/// or file://// I get the E180001 error.

The repository directory is technically on another computer but is seen as local on my PC
(I guess it’s NFS or SAMBA) when accessed with the // prefix from the shell.

I tried touch-ing a new file in the repository’s directory and that worked, with correct
owner, group and file permissions when checked from the Linux server.

If I copy the repository folder to my local /tmp, I can access it correctly via svn. But that’s
obviously not my goal.

If I access the repository via the URL  svn+ssh://somelinuxcomputer/nfspath/repository, that
works. But my experience with the SSH tunnel is that it tends to slow down access.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance