subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Stieger" <Andreas.Stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: can not svnsync sync
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:49:41 GMT
Hello,

Oto wrote:
> while trying to make offline archive of our active svn repository i get following error:
>
> svnsync: E200020: Commit rejected because mergeinfo on '/Actual' is syntactically invalid
> svnsync: E200020: Pathname not terminated by ':'
>
> I'm running: svnsync sync file:///path/to/repository
>
> any suggestion how to workaround fix ?

You are trying to sync a versioned property with invalid format. Unfortunately you will be
unable to create revisions using this data as required when syncing into a target repository.
The problem is that this cannot be trivially changed as it is the recorded repository history.

You have two options I am aware of:

#1 Use svnadmin hotcopy to create a copy, and do follow-up syncs (svnsync init --allow-non-empty).
This assumes that there will be no new revisions with invalid mergeinfos. To prevent this,
upgrade your server to a bugfixed version.

#2 Manipulate history to make the mergeinfo property valid.

Good luck,
Andreas