subversion-users mailing list archives

From Gert Kello <gert.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject update -r PREV causes tree conflict if a folder to be removed contains ignored sub-folder
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:56:11 GMT
Hi.

I have a case where updating to older version causes tree conflict, if
update (to older revision) removes some folder and that folder has some
global-ignores ignored sub-folder. I'm not sure if that's a bug but it is
inconvenient for me...

The (windows cmd) script to create situation is attached. Basically,
1. The update removes folder
2. There's a unversioned subfolder in working copy
3. The subfolder is ignored via config file global-ignores

svn version 1.9.0 (r1692801), windows

If the unversioned folder is ignored via "svn:ignore" property then update
does not trigger tree conflict (but sequence 'svn up -R PREV && svn up'
still does...)

Am I doing something wrong with global-ignores?

Gert