subversion-users mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: how to integrate a zip based archive into svn
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:59:04 GMT
Check out the svn_load_dirs script. Look for the instructions in the
manual under managing the "vendor" branches.

There will still be a bunch of work to resolve moves & renames, but
should be much easier.

Eric

> On Oct 18, 2015, at 1:13 AM, Eckard Klotz <eckard.klotz@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Hello All.
>
> My question is associated with setting up a new SVN archive for an old project without
loosing the old file-versions.

> Even I'm programming  for nearly 20 years and have a open source project for nearly 10
years I'm new in SVN. Until now I have archived my project by zipping my source folder.
> Now I wonder if there is a way supported by SVN to transfer every zip file as one revision
into a new fresh SVN archive. It is clear to me that this will not contain the automatic creation
of comments. But having a archive that contains the historical files and that allows me to
step back to earlier revisions would be helpful.