subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Bug report: The auto-props setting of svn:mime-type is impossible to avoid.
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:50:32 GMT
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 12:06:59AM +0200, Bert Huijben wrote:
> I'm not sure if I would call it a security problem when a user adds a file of
> their choosing to Subversion though :-)

Yes, typical SVN use cases are of no concern.

One case I could imagine where this might matter is some automated
service which records user-provided files in SVN.
Another case is where people use SVN to version home directories
which include a Downloads folder with files such as images from
the internet.

That's all a bit far fetched, though I know of one person using SVN
to keep /home under version control.

> This whole discussion -in its many iterations- is one of the reasons why I
> never looked at enabling this feature on Windows.

And nobody has been asking for it to be enabled?