subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Bug report: The auto-props setting of svn:mime-type is impossible to avoid.
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:08:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 12:20:47PM +0200, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
> So setting MAGIC is having an effect, but Subversion is falling back,
> probably via a non-magic internal code path, to the default
> svn:mime-type of "application/octet-stream" for PNG and some other
> files.

If you don't allow svn:mime-type for binary files, you're gonna have
a hard time. Subversion has always been setting this property on binary
files. Please read our documentation about this (at svnbook.org).

If you don't set this property on binary files, your users will
complain that output of 'svn diff' contains binary garbage,
and 'svn merge' will suddenly try to merge PNG files as text.

Make your pre-commit hook smarter. Limit it to *.xml files.