subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with empty svn:date revprops (github svnsync)
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:13:01 GMT
On 27.10.2015 15:18, Fredrik Orderud wrote:
> Thanks for the tips Nico.
>
> I am well aware that git-svn sync can be troublesome and best avoided if
> possible. The planned syncing will be one-way, against a read-only svn
> mirror repo maintained for "corporate policy" reasons.
>
> GitHub have already been contacted regarding the issue, but I thought it
> also made sense to investigate opportunities for fixes from the svn side.
> In my view, empty revprops should not cause svnsync to fail this way.

Not all revprops are created equal. Subversion has required a valid,
non-empty svn:date on every revision since before 1.0. I can sympathise
with your frustration, but it would really not serve anyone's best
interests if we changed that assumption 15 years down the road just
because there's a bug in some implementation of the protocol.

FWIW, in my experience GitHub have a good record of fixing such bugs
once they're reported.

-- Brane