subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: svn stats
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2015 08:53:24 GMT

On Oct 1, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Gabor Varga wrote:

> is there a way to get some statistics out of SVN repositories without checking out the
whole repository?

> When I say statistics I mean numbers like this:
>
> - number of checkins / developer / repo

This would require examining the log of every revision, which, yes, you can do without checking
out the whole repository. (In fact, checking out the repository won't help you, since that
doesn't include logs.)

> - number of lines of code / developer
> - number of lines of code / repository path

This might involve getting the diff of each revision.

> I used statsvn as a separate tool but it checks out everything. As we have a huge repo,
this is not a good option.

Yes, this is a task best left to a separate tool.