subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Ren Wang" <renwang...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: FW: getting file or directory property/metadata
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2015 07:53:31 GMT
Thank you, svn_fs_node_created_rev() is what I am looking for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Branko ─îibej [mailto:brane@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:07 PM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: getting file or directory property/metadata

On 28.11.2015 18:26, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> To be fair, though, the same trick with 'svn info' would have lead you
> to svn_fs_node_created_rev(), which is documented to return "the
> revision in which @a path under @a root was created", but in fact
> returns the revision in which it was last modified.

The docstring is correct, but it's not clear that "path under root"
means "node-revision identified by path under root". This is one of the many places where
the DAG storage model leaks into public API semantics; what you get is literally the revision
number in with the node-revision object was created.

-- Brane