subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Henket <ahen...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.8.14 won't install on OSX
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 10:22:23 GMT
Right, that's it. I downloaded the zip variant. Don't know why it should matter, but anyway.
It's working now .. sort of:

checking for apr_int64_t Python/C API format string...
configure: error: failed to recognize APR_INT64_T_FMT on this platform

I tried subversion 1.9.2, but same result.

I tried Brew, but that installs 1.8.13 in a different place than my normal install (/usr/local/bin/svn)

Fink is not ready for El Capitan

MacPorts finally installed on El Capitan but subversion (sudo port install subversion) does
not install because it complains db46 (??) is in /usr/local ... except that it isn't:

mbp:local ahenket$ sudo port install subversion
Password:
Warning: The Xcode Command Line Tools don't appear to be installed; most ports will likely
fail to build.
Warning: Install them by running `xcode-select --install'.
--->  Computing dependencies for subversion
--->  Dependencies to be installed: apr-util db46 sqlite3 libedit curl-ca-bundle perl5
perl5.16 gdbm cyrus-sasl2 kerberos5 libcomerr pkgconfig openssl zlib python27 bzip2 db48 python2_select
python_select libmagic serf1 scons
--->  Extracting db46
Error: You have a conflicting install of Berkeley DB in /usr/local, please move it aside before
building db46
Error: org.macports.extract for port db46 returned: Berkeley DB in /usr/local is in the way
Error: Failed to install db46
Please see the log file for port db46 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db46/db46/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: apr-util db46 sqlite3 libedit curl-ca-bundle
perl5 perl5.16 gdbm cyrus-sasl2 kerberos5 libcomerr pkgconfig openssl zlib python27 bzip2
db48 python2_select python_select libmagic serf1 scons
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port subversion failed
mbp:local ahenket$ ls
Library				bin				graphviz-2.14			libexec				mysql-5.1.43-osx10.6-x86
Qt4.7				etc				include				man				pcsc
apache-tomcat-7.0.10		git				lib				mysql				share

Running out of options.

Any other hints? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alexander Henket

> Op 9 nov. 2015, om 08:10 heeft Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
> On Nov 8, 2015, at 23:31, Alexander Henket <ahenket@xs4all.nl <mailto:ahenket@xs4all.nl>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Tried to build Subversion 1.8.14, but: there is no "configure" and all *.sh files
are Windows CRLF formatted so they do not work before conversion. I do not have autogen.

<http://www.us.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.8.14.tar.gz> has configure:

> $ tar tzf subversion-1.8.14.tar.gz | grep configure
> subversion-1.8.14/configure
> subversion-1.8.14/configure.ac
>
> and "grep -rl '\r' subversion-1.8.14" doesn't show any *.sh files with CRs in them (there
are various files with CRs in them, in particular test files under subversion/tests, but they're
binaries)