subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dave Huang <k...@azeotrope.org>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.8.14 won't install on OSX
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:31:03 GMT
On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:22, Alexander Henket <ahenket@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Right, that's it. I downloaded the zip variant. Don't know why it should matter, but
anyway. It's working now .. sort of:

While zip works just about everywhere these days, it has its origins in the MSDOS world, and
Windows can extract zip files without any 3rd party utilities, so I think the zip variant
is intended to be more convenient for Windows users.

> Any other hints? Thanks in advance.

What about the WANdisco package? It's for Yosemite, but it seems like it should work on El
Capitan too.

FWIW, MacPorts subversion 1.9.2 installed with no problems on my El Capitan system. What did
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db46/db46/main.log
have to say about the problem?