subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Simpson, Andrew R CIV NSWC Crane, JXSNL" <andrew.simp...@navy.mil>
Subject RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: using pkcs11 (CAC cards) with svn 1.8 and newer
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:31:54 GMT
roger that.  I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this.  I have pushed it back to my
contacts at forge already.

-Andrew
________________________________
From: Mark Phippard [markphip@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:26 AM
To: Simpson, Andrew R CIV NSWC Crane, JXSNL
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: using pkcs11 (CAC cards) with svn 1.8 and newer

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Simpson, Andrew R CIV NSWC Crane, JXSNL <andrew.simpson@navy.mil<mailto:andrew.simpson@navy.mil>>
wrote:
I'd love to, but I have to be "allowed" to :)  I will push within DoD circles.

The issue with newer versus older was indicated by our server provider (forge.mil<http://forge.mil>).

I provide the software that forge.mil<http://forge.mil> is built from -- TeamForge.
 If it has been upgraded recently than it would be on SVN 1.8.x on the server as that is the
latest version we provide.

  I'm only rehashing what they stated, although I should be clear that was in regards to tortoiseSVN.
 We did see issues specifically with regards to tortoise using older versions that did seem
to go away by upgrading to the latest client in those cases on windows.

I do believe, however, that the timeouts may be caused by either A) configuration of the svn
server or B) the network setup of the server provider.

Thanks again for the info.  much appreciated.  Will take a look into what's required to modify
serf to support this.

Setting a side the CAC issues which are specific to forge.mil<http://forge.mil>, a large
percentage of users use SVN 1.6/1.7 clients simply because they use what comes with their
distro.  As you point out, RHEL6 provides SVN 1.6 so we see a lot of that.  There should be
no issues specific to the client/server versions.  You should be fine using SVN 1.6.  Any
timeout problems you are having are not because of the client version.

If these started after the upgrade, then I would guess there was some configuration that changed
that was overlooked.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard