subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Regarding install and running svn1.9.2 for svnserve and http access in browser
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 20:38:06 GMT
Remember to Reply All so the conversation stays on the mailing list. I'm re-adding the mailing
list address to this reply.

On Dec 22, 2015, at 10:07 AM, arun prasath wrote:

> Yes Ryan you are right.
>
> I am working on setting up Apache with mod_dav_svn for http access. Users can not view
the files in clients like TortoiseSVN unless it is checkedout. So users want http access via
browsers.

FYI TortoiseSVN has a repository browser you can use to view files without checking them out.

https://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-dug-repobrowser.html

> Thanks for your very valuable information. I thought of setting up http support through
Serf but now decided to setup Apache +mod_dav_svn.

> I have sometime to google and find right command and options to install Apache for Subversion.
If all goes well, will not comeback to svn Dev group.