subversion-users mailing list archives

From Chris Capon <ttab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected HTTP status 400 'Bad request'.
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:46:30 GMT
On 2015-12-08 05:06, Yves Martin wrote:
>  Hello‚Äč
>
> Is your repository served read-write by other services like svnserve
> or eventually through SSH in addition to Apache HTTPS access ?
I'm sorry.  I don't understand what this asks.  Permissions are
controlled by a .apache_auth and .apache_htpasswd file (in addition to
client certificates).  The .apache_auth file has the folder defined as
'rw' for my user id.

> If so you have to check your repository file permissions: owner, group
> and modes (for instance g+w or g+s...)
All the file level permissions are set to rwxr-xr-x (755) and both owner
and group are www-data, the user id under which the Apache2 service runs.

> I guess your repository has been created long ago with a previous
> version of Subversion.
> What is your repository format version ? Are some revisions packed ?
> Use svnadmin info.
Repository Format: 5
Compatible With Version: 1.9.0
Repository Capability: mergeinfo
Filesystem Type: fsfs
Filesystem Format: 7
FSFS Sharded: yes
FSFS Shard Size: 1000
FSFS Shards Packed: 0/3
FSFS Logical Addressing: no
Configuration File: /root/subversion/root/repository/db/fsfs.conf

> Maybe you should use "svnadmin upgrade" to get some new features
> properly enabled with Subversion 1.9,
After running
     svn upgrade /root/subversion/root/repository

The response was "Upgrade completed."  But an svn checkout gives the
same error:

svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 4000 'Bad request' on
'/svn/repository/!svn/rvr/1903/dev...'

Again, at a random file about 5 or 6 files in.
> or even use dump/load procedure (or svnsync) to get your repository
> ready (and optimized) for Subversion 1.9.
We tried this in a previous e-mail (see for details).

> Regards
> --
> Yves Martin
Thanks.