subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: Commit not working with multiple .svn directories in single working copy
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:29:11 GMT
> Dear SVN experts,
>
> I need to have multiple .svn directories inside woking copy.
> I need to have svn working copy for /home directory  for students
> and at least each user needs to have own repository on same machine
> It blocks me to commit changes form working copy at home by different repository id
>
> Is it possible for svn to force not to look for inner .svn directories for data, or I
need find out each
> .svn rename it make commit and return inner .svn directories back,please? Use of externals
is not suitable for me

> I look forward hearing from you
>
> Yours faithfully
>
> Peter Fodrelk
Hi Peter,

I assume your requirement is rather about the intended folder/check-out
structure on your local machine rather than the requirement to have
multiple .svn-directories in your working copy.
If I'm not mistaken here, then you might wanna rethink your folder
structure.
Wouldn't something like this work for you?

/Project
     /- myOwnWorkingCopy
         /- here's your own checkout
     /- student1WorkingCopy
         /- here's the checkout for the 1st student
     /- student2WorkingCopy
         /- another checkout for the 2nd student
     /- ....

In other words: you have separate checkouts and separate working copies
for yourself and all your students.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett