subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Regarding install and running svn1.9.2 for svnserve and http access in browser
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:55:26 GMT

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 1:33 AM, arun prasath <get2arun@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I am running svnserve for client access through TortoiseSVN. This is for users who wants
to checkout and checkin the code.

TortoiseSVN can also connect to a repository hosted via http.

> There are some users who just want to browse the code in Internet Explorer. The http
in browser is required for users who browse code without checkout using TortoiseSVN client.
How to achieve this.

If the goal is just to offer web-based repository browsing, there are many options. One option
is the one provided by Apache + mod_dav_svn that I mentioned before. It is fairly minimal.
If you want more features, there are other solutions such as VisualSVN, WebSVN, ViewVC or
Trac.