subversion-users mailing list archives

From foven <effo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 255) with no output.
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:12:58 GMT
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM, <jblist@icloud.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 2, 2015, at 9:11 AM, foven <effoven@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > If the user running the script just needs to have read and execute
> > permission, then if the file has permissions like this:
> >
> > -rwxr-xr-x  1 phd  phd     37 Nov 18 14:39 pre-commit
> >
> > shouldn't it work no matter who the user running the script is?
> >
> > That is how the permissions have been set on the script all this time,
> > but although the file:// protocol works, svn+ssh:// has always given
> > the error message being discussed.
>
> Those permissions are correct and should allow the script to run for all
> users of the system.
>
> If file: is working and svn+ssh is not, perhaps you can look into the
> system log to see if sshd is complaining about something.
>
> svn+ssh is essentially the same as file but with a network layer on top.
>
> -Joseph

I looked at the output of "journalctl -n 50", which seems to be enough
to see all that is logged for a commit attempt.  I also checked
/var/log/secure.  I didn't see anything that seemed obviously wrong to
me either way, although it is possible that I missed something.  Are
there any other logs that I should check?

Also, just to be clear, when I say that svn+ssh is not working, it is
working for checkouts and if I remove the pre-commit hook, it works for
commits as well.  Does it still seem likely that this is a ssh issue?

Is there any more information I can provide that might help?