subversion-users mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion crashes on list with an empty format 3 repo
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 20:49:32 GMT
Am 2016-02-05 um 20:31 schrieb Ivan Zhakov:
> On 5 February 2016 at 21:38, Michael Osipov <michaelo@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Subversion advised me to report this.
>>
>> The following command was performed:
>> svn  --non-interactive list
>> file:///D:/Entwicklung/Projekte/maven-wagon/wagon-providers/wagon-scm/src/test/resources/test-repo-svn
>>
>> The repo is available here [1], the crash files are here [2].
>> The issue can always be reproduced, it does not require to run the tests
>> with Maven on Maven Wagon.
>>
> I cannot reproduce:
> [[[
> svn  --non-interactive file:///D:/Ivan/temp/repos/test-repo-svn
> dummy
>
> C:\Program Files\VisualSVN Server\bin>svn --version
> svn, version 1.9.3 (r1718519)
>     compiled Dec 15 2015, 11:23:08 on x86-microsoft-windows6.1.7601

After further testing, I think I know why it does not fail for you. You
have downloaded a tarball snapshot of the repo via Gitweb. I have
retried with that one and Subversion does not crash. Aifter that, I ran
SHA1 on all files, cloned via Git and from the tarball, they are
different because Git transforms the db files and aligned the line ending.

svnadmin verify crashes too.

These might shred the repo:
core.autocrlf=true
core.eol=native
core.safecrlf=true

I have uploaded both repos to [1] as ZIP files.

Can you kindly retry with a cloned repo or the ZIP files and report back?

[1] http://home.apache.org/~michaelo/svn-crash-2016-02-05/

Michael