subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Niemann, Hartmut" <hartmut.niem...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: repositories structure from user/access control viewpoint - how?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 16:44:51 GMT
Hi!

I learned that finer-as-per-repository-grained read access is rather "expensive" in terms
of server load
because rights have to be checked for each file updated.
So it would be best that you have separate repositories for separate "read" user groups.

I have not heared about somebody who used separate HTTP servers for that, I doubt that it
would help.

Our setup is a combined redmine/svn server, where global read/write rights (per repo)
are managed by redmine, and where necessary (in my area with about 50 projects this is exactly
one
project with a sort of paranoid leader) we use a precommit hook to restrict
commit rights to individual subdirectories, which works quite well.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dr. Hartmut Niemann

Siemens AG
MO MLT LM EN CCI 1