subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade Subversion from 1.5 to 1.9
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 01:33:06 GMT
Stefan Sperling wrote on Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 20:58:37 +0100:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:33:49AM -0700, Safarulla Meerasahib wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > We have recently taken over a production  application from other team, which uses
the SVN 1.5.0 as one of the component. Now we have a requirement to upgrade this to latest
version of the subversion.

> > While going through the Apache subversion link we have noticed that Subversion 1.9
can only upgrade working copies created with Subversion 1.6 and Subversion 1.7.

> > Is there any workaround to upgrade 1.5.0 to 1.9?
>
> Use 'svn checkout' to get new working copies after upgrading.
> Note that working copies are only used by the Subversion client.

For working copies, you can instead first install 1.6 or 1.7, upgrade
all working copies, then install 1.9 and upgrade them again.

There are still various restrictions, such as [1], so be sure to read
the release notes for all intermediate versions (1.6 through 1.9
inclusive).

Cheers,

Daniel

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7#wc-upgrade