subversion-users mailing list archives

From jbl...@icloud.com
Subject Re: parent directory is referenced by "svn info"?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:24:40 GMT

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 10:16 AM, txm <tmellman@web.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am confused and frustrated by this:
>
>    $ pwd
>    /home/user/nodes/dev_5_main
>
>    $ svn info /home/user/nodes/dev_5_main
>    svn: '/home/user/nodes' is not a working copy
>
>    $ svn info .
>    Repository Root: svn+ssh://user@10.120.11.5/COE
>    Repository UUID: (stuff)
>    Revision: 2249
>    Node Kind: directory
>    Schedule: normal
>    Last Changed Author: developer
>    Last Changed Rev: 2241
>    Last Changed Date: 2016-02-24 06:57:03 +0100 (Wed, 24 Feb 2016)
>
> Specifying the "current working directory" with a "." yields the information I want,
but using an absolute path requires accessing the directory above?  This is very problematic
for my script.  Is there a way out?

> Tom

I tested your scenario using svn 1.9.3 on OS X and I do not get the "is not a working copy"
behavior you describe. You don't mention the version of SVN or of the operating system.