subversion-users mailing list archives

From Cathy Mullican <cmulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VisualSVN server / Linux client
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:42:10 GMT
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Pavel Lyalyakin
<pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com> wrote:

> You can also try the following command-line:
> [[[
> svn info <URL-TO-REPOSITORY>
> --config-option=servers:global:http-auth-types=Negotiate
> ]]]

klist to show my kerberos config is active, followed by the command and result:

root@revdb1:~# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: cathy.mullican@REVSHARE.INT

Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
03/22/2016 17:00:50  03/23/2016 03:00:50  krbtgt/REVSHARE.INT@REVSHARE.INT
        renew until 03/23/2016 17:00:43
03/22/2016 17:00:58  03/23/2016 03:00:50  cifs/AZ-DC3.revshare.int@REVSHARE.INT
        renew until 03/23/2016 17:00:43
03/22/2016 17:00:58  03/23/2016 03:00:50  ldap/az-dc3.revshare.int@REVSHARE.INT
        renew until 03/23/2016 17:00:43
root@revdb1:~# svn info https://az-fs1.revshare.int/svn/rad/trunk/db
--config-option=servers:global:http-auth-types=Negotiate
svn: E120191: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://az-fs1.revshare.int/svn/rad/trunk/db'
svn: E120191: Error running context: The requested authentication
type(s) are not supported
root@revdb1:~#

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Andreas Stieger
> <Andreas.Stieger@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> >> "Error running context: The requested authentication type(s) are not supported"
when I try anything.

> > This binary server distribution does not support Kerberos in this configuration.
You will need to use Integrated Windows Authentication feature available in the paid version.

> As far as I can guess, the server has Integrated Windows
> Authentication enabled and Basic disabled. In such case, it's the
> client that does not support NTLM/Negotaite (NTLM or Kerberos), not
> the server. It seems that the client supports or is configured to use
> Basic authentication only.

This is what I think as well, because connecting with TortoiseSVN from
Windows systems works fine.  I'm just hoping to figure out how to get
the Linux systems to connect without having to re-enable Basic auth.