subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Blank lines
Date Sat, 07 May 2016 01:20:01 GMT

On May 5, 2016, at 4:12 PM, webster.brent@rogers.com wrote:

> From: Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org>
>
>> Not 'status' -- 'svn status' should always show what 'svn commit' will
>> send to the server. But 'diff', I agree, could be smarter. For example,
>> right now, 'svn diff --summarize -x -w' will mention files that contain
>> only whitespace changes, even though 'svn diff -x -w' will show an empty
>> diff for those files.
>
> You should wrapper the diff command
>
> svn diff --diff-cmd 'diff -x -w'

Not quite.

--diff-cmd is for specifying the name of the diff program to run, e.g. diff. If you want to
name a diff program whose path or name contains spaces, then you have to quote it, but that
would be unusual.

svn diff --diff-cmd '/path with spaces/to/diff'

-x is for specifying the arguments to pass to that diff program, e.g. -w. If you want to pass
multiple arguments to the diff program, you have to quote them.

svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x '-u -w'