subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon L. Wisenburg" <bran...@wisenburg.com>
Subject Re: Migrate svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) to svn verion 1.9.3
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 23:57:54 GMT
Is an upgrade needed prior to migrating a repo if going to another version of svn? I wonder
if 1.9.3 is supported on CentOS 5.8

From: "Gronde, Christopher (Contractor)" <Christopher.Gronde@fincen.gov>
To: "Brandon L. Wisenburg" <brandon@wisenburg.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 7:40:38 AM
Subject: RE: Migrate svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) to svn verion 1.9.3

I am actually doing the same exact thing and this is the first time I’ve upgraded SVN. The
installer I got from WanDISCO and It seems pretty self-explanatory. Our intention is to do
an in-place upgrade and then focus on transferring from RHEL6 to RHEL7 later and probably
move from authenticating from FreeIPA to Active Directory. If you have any tips on upgrading
I’d appreciate that as well!