subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 05:58:04 GMT
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:08 PM, PERRY JENNINGS
<PJENNINGS@familydollar.com> wrote:
> SVN Source Code Manager,
>
> Family Dollar has implemented SVN and about sixty percent of projects within
> the organization currently uses this repository to maintain source code for
> object-oriented applications. However, the remaining forty percent of source
> code within the organization cannot use SVN because the code is for
> non-object-oriented applications ; hence a single file, not a project needs
> to be checked in and out of the repository.  So my question is: Are you
> aware of a client that could be used to checkout and checkin a single file
> to the SVN repository and maintain the version number of the source code
> that is checked in?   If not, do you know if SVN has the single file
> checkout and checkin feature?

There are some ancient handbuilt RCS variants. The normal approach
would be to check out a subversion (or git, or whatever) working copy
and provide a synchronization wrapper to apply changes, or to check
local changes back in as needed.

I did this years ago for DNS source control, described at
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2012-05/0043.shtml. I'm not sure I
have a copy of the tools lying around anymore.