subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Strange merge problem
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 01:38:05 GMT
A user at work came to me with a strange merge issue and I have been able to reproduce it.
 This happens with both a 1.8.16 and 1.9.4 Linux CLI client.  I usually can resolve these
merge issues by deleting superfluous svn:mergeinfo properties in subdirectories and/or by
editing the svn:mergeinfo property, but nothing works in this case.  Here is some information
I captured; the only thing that has been altered is the name of the branches to protect our
data.  All commands were performed in a fresh checkout of the tip of branchB.

TIA for any help or hints to help resolve this issue.

Alfred

$ svn mergeinfo ^/branches/branchA
    youngest common ancestor
    |         last full merge
    |         |        tip of branch
    |         |        |         repository path

    15542              29501
    |                  |
       --| |------------         branches/branchA
  ... /         /
      \        /
       --| |------------         branches/branchB
              |        |
              28907    WC
$ svn pg svn:mergeinfo | grep branchA
/branches/branchA:28000-29203
$ svn pe svn:mergeinfo .
Set new value for property 'svn:mergeinfo' on '.'
$ svn pg svn:mergeinfo | grep branchA
/branches/branchA:15542-29203
$ svn mergeinfo ^/branches/branchA --show-revs=eligible
r15544
r15583
[360 revs deleted]
r20783