subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: Permissions need for deletion
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:30:07 GMT
On 8/25/2016 11:13 AM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 25 August 2016 at 11:50, Vacelet, Manuel <manuel.vacelet@enalean.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Vacelet, Manuel
>> <manuel.vacelet@enalean.com> wrote:
>>> oops I hit shift+enter :/
>>> see my message below

>>> ------------->8-------------
>>> [groups]
>>> members = alice
>>> admin = bob
>>>
>>> [/]
>>> * =
>>> @members = r
>>> @admin = rw
>>>
>>> [/tags]
>>> @members = rw
>>> -------------8<-------------
>>>
>>> WIth svn 1.6, as alice, I cannot rm /tags
>>> Whereas with svn 1.8 I now can.
>>>
>>> Is this detailed somewhere ?
>>
>> Fun fact: the behaviour change also depending on the version of svn client
>> used.
>> For a given svn 1.8 server, I can delete /tags with svn 1.7, 1.8 & svn 1.9
>> client but not with svn 1.6.
>> I failed to find in 1.7 release note something that explains this change.
>>
> It was bug in Subversion 1.7 that remove operation requires access to
> repository root:
> SVN-4219: svn delete fails with "403 Forbidden" if root is not readable [1]
>
> This problem was fixed in Subversion 1.8. It's not server-side change.
> It was client problem accessing repository root, while it's not
> needed.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4219
According to SVN-4219 the issue was present in 1.7 and also fixed in
1.7, or is the JIRA issue record wrong in this regards?
Also I take it that with Manuel's report here, the issue was not only
present in 1.7 but also existed on 1.6. Otherwise I think I'm missing
something.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett