subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: SVN Feature Request: Selecting the revision for pinning externals
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 20:22:40 GMT
On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 01:48:03PM -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2016, at 4:07, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:
> >
> > A single argument specifying a revision may only work for very specific scenarios.
The --pin-externals feature also works when you have dozens of externals, all pointing towards
different repositories.

> Right, but could you consider the following scenario?  We typically
> create tags after a successful release build, and it would be great
> that the tag had all the externals pinned to those that were used at
> the time of the build.

If you need a specific set of property changes in your tag, you
can create a working copy which contains the necessary changes
and then copy this working copy to a tag.

  svn co trunk-url working-copy
  cd working-copy
  svn propedit/propset svn:externals ...
  svn cp . ^/tags/1.0.0

We cannot automate details of everybody's build processes in SVN. Sorry.