subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: svn switch, touches files with svn:keywords
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 07:36:34 GMT
Lorenz wrote on Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 06:01:31 +0000:
> are you sure about tha being a bug?
>
> If for instance in the file the URL keyword is used to initialize a
> string variable, wouldn't you want the file to be recompiled after the
> switch?

You are describing a different scenario than the OP.

In the OP's scenario, the file content with keywords expanded was the
same before and after the switch, yet the mtime differed.  I consider
that a bug.

If the file content with keywords expanded had been different before the
switch to after to the switch, then yes, I would have expected the mtime
to differ, too.

Thanks for contributing this observation: the key question is whether
the translated content was modified, not whether the repository-normal
content was.

Cheers

Daniel