subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Client connection timeout checkout/export/update
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 08:03:45 GMT

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 1:59 AM, Yves Martin <ymartin1040@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   Hello,
>
> I am hosting a lot of repositories for my company projects since years and since server
upgrade to 1.8 (from 1.6) some users report connection timeout when running their project
checkout or export.

> My server is Debian Jessie, first running provided 1.8.10 packages but now WanDisco 1.8.16
packages. Protocol is either https or http, with WebDAV module in Apache 2.4.10 (from debian)

> Reports concern TortoiseSVN but I also reproduce connection timeout from Linux with latest
1.9.4 client package from WanDisco.

> checkout or export often stucks when processing zip files.
>
> What is even strange, svn process segfaults when running under strace, and also segfaults
without strace some time.

> When interrupting client, another invocation gets further but stucks to other files.
>
> May it be possible these troubles come from 1.8 server-side caching logic or compression
?

Have you increased MaxKeepAliveRequests?

https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#neon-deleted