subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Re: SVN Feature Request: Selecting the revision for pinning externals
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 01:15:50 GMT
On Sep 2, 2016, at 16:22, Stefan Sperling <stsp@elego.de> wrote:

> If you need a specific set of property changes in your tag, you
> can create a working copy which contains the necessary changes
> and then copy this working copy to a tag.

Yes, I understand this, but...

> We cannot automate details of everybody's build processes in SVN. Sorry.

Again, I am in complete agreement.  I was just wondering if it was
even considered to use the ‘{DATE}’ revision format as a parameter
to --pin-externals.  Let’s say I ran a release build at last Monday
and today I decide to create a tag.  If I know that my checkout (or
the svn update) finished at noon, then all externals that are not
already pegged must be from that time or earlier.  So running the
command "svn cp —-pin-externals -r '{2016-08-29 12:00:00}'" should
"do the right thing" for most of the scenarios you can imagine.

Alfred