subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Re: SVN Feature Request: Selecting the revision for pinning externals
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 17:48:03 GMT
On Sep 2, 2016, at 4:07, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> A single argument specifying a revision may only work for very specific scenarios. The
--pin-externals feature also works when you have dozens of externals, all pointing towards
different repositories.

Right, but could you consider the following scenario?  We typically create tags after a successful
release build, and it would be great that the tag had all the externals pinned to those that
were used at the time of the build.  Well, we do know when the build started, so if—pin-externals
would accept a ‘{DATE}’ revision, it would solve most of the scenarios.  Of course, externals
that are already pinned should not be affected by this.

Thoughts?

Alfred