subversion-users mailing list archives

From Billy Buzzard <billy.buzz...@bnsflogistics.com>
Subject CLI SVN LOG E220001: Item not readable
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 15:28:11 GMT
I want to restrict read access to a given respository to specific users, but when I do and
I try to do an "svn log" from the command line I get an error message saying "E220001: Item
not readable".  I have read several articles that say you must give everyone read access (
* = r ) for the svn log to work.  My repository structure looks like this:

/var/svn/Project1
/var/svn/Project1/branches
/var/svn/Project1/tags
/var/svn/Project1/trunk

/var/svn/Project2
/var/svn/Project2/branches
/var/svn/Project2/tags
/var/svn/Project2/trunk

What do I do if I have a group of trusted developers who are allowed to see all projects and
another group of non-so-trusted developers who are only allowed to see their project?  My
authz file looks like this:

[groups]
dev1 = billy, chuck
dev2 = jim, bob

[/]
$anonymous =
@dev1 = rw

[/Project2]
@dev2 = rw

If I use this authz as is then the svn log command does not work.  If I give everyone read
access it works, but now the non-so-trusted developers can see projects that I do not want
them to see.

I using svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) on a 64-bit Linux machine.  I am executing the svn log
command from a 64 bit Windows 7 machine.  I am not using httpd.