subversion-users mailing list archives

From Paul Delany <paul.del...@airtricity.com>
Subject Unable to complete branch to trunk reintegration: missing revision on branch but file at issue does not exist for revision
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 10:20:14 GMT
Hi

Having a reintegration merge issue. Have raised this on stackoverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39106047/unable-to-complete-svn-branch-to-trunk-reintegration-missing-revision-on-branch)

Have scanned the manual, and searched online, but not finding my issue:

In preparation for reintegration merge of a branch into trunk, I've updated merged the trunk
into the branch and committed
when I go to reintegrate merge the branch back into trunk I get:

svn merge -v --reintegrate https://example.com/repo/branches/branch_x .

svn: E195016: Reintegrate can only be used if revisions 2891 through 4343 were previously
merged
from https://example.com/repo/trunk to the reintegrate source,
but this is not the case: branches/branch_x/somepath/component.js
Missing ranges: /trunk/branch_x/somepath/component.js:3709

I've resolved this type of issue before by going back to the branch and update merging just
the revision / range
in question into the branch before reattempting the reintegration. However, this particular
file does
not exist in trunk for the revision in question, so when I try this I get:

svn merge -c 3709 https://example.com/repo/trunk/somepath/component.js somepath/component.js
svn: E160013: '/repo/!svn/rvr/3708/trunk/somepath/component.js' path not found

Can anyone advise what I'm overlooking? Many thanks in advance.

Thanks
Paul

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It may not represent
the views of the SSE Group.  It is intended solely for the addressees.  Access to this email
by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may be unlawful.  Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of the error
in transmission.  Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email (or any attachments to
it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance of an offer and it does not form part
of a binding contractual agreement.

SSE Renewables Holdings Limited is part of the SSE Group
The Registered Office of SSE Renewables Holdings Limited is Red Oak South, South County Business
Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland.
Registered in Ireland No. 314061
www.sserenewables.com