subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Rainer Senn" <rainer.s...@senn-solutions.com>
Subject TortoiseSVN RepoBrowser: Feature request for Search function
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 20:23:55 GMT
Hi everybody,

(I am new here. I hope I do the right step now for a feature request in
TortoiseSVN. Maybe somebody can tell me what's the next step after this
email.)

In the company I work for we store our documents in SVN (works very well).
We have more than 30 customer projects and many internal projects. (All
customer projects are in the same database - otherwise we'd need to checkout
30 or more projects.) Sometimes I should find a certain document (by the
document name or a portion of the document name). As TortoiseSVN does not
offer a search function, finding a document is sometimes a big problem
(checking out the stuff and searching in Windows Explorer does not work as
the repository is about 40 GB(!) ).

A simple search function (with and without wildcard) would help a lot.
Considering network traffic this search function would be still much better
than checking out everything.

Best Regards,

Rainer