subversion-users mailing list archives

From James McCoy <james...@jamessan.com>
Subject Re: svn not using gpg-agent
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 03:24:30 GMT
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 06:18:04PM +0200, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> I suspect this is a user problem somewhere, but since I upgraded to Ubuntu
> 16.10 (Subversion 1.9.4 versus 1.9.3 in 16.04) svn has stopped using
> GPG-Agent and started using GNOME Keyring to store my password.

In Ubuntu 16.10, gnupg changed from the 1.4.x series to the 2.x series.
With that, gpg-agent now will start on-demand when needed, whereas with
the old gnupg it needed to be manually started.

Svn currently detects whether it can use gpg-agent by looking for the
UNIX socket that's used to communicate with the agent.  It finds this
either through the GPG_AGENT_INFO environment variable or looking for
~/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent socket.  It sounds like neither of those exist in
your setup.

$GPG_AGENT_INFO should be defined for your X session by
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90gpg-agent, and there are also some hints in the
file about how to ensure the agent gets started.

While the above isn't a solution, hopefully it's enough information to
figure out where the disconnect is.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB