subversion-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Bruni <jbr...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: ¿Is it possible to use Active Directory?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 02:16:20 GMT

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 3:23 PM, svn@crccoding.com wrote:
>
> Hi!
> Is it possible to use Active Directory (Server 2008 R2) to manage users for a subversion
1.9.4?

> Joseph

I do. There are a couple options. You can use Apache as your front end server and configure
it via its LDAP support. Or, what I do, is use svnserve with SASL to perform the LDAP authentication.
 I preferred using svnserve because of the bag of hurt that is RedHat Linux which I was forced
to use.

If you are on good terms with your AD admins, you can try to get SASL/GSSAPI (Kerberos) as
the best option. If that doesn't work, and if you don't mind your passwords moving through
your network in the clear, SASL/plain will also work.

If you need to support Macs on your network, the SVN libraries supplied by Apple are not built
with SASL support, so fallback to svn+ssh. I had good luck with SVN supplied by home brew
in this case.