subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: BMP File Branch Commit Issue (Suspected Defect)
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 09:14:33 GMT
Hi Chris,

> SVN Admin,
>
> We are having an issue committing changes to a branch which contains a
> .bmp file. Below are instructions to replicate this issue using SVN
> for .bmp files committing to the Branch. I am using Tortoise Client
> 1.9.3.27038. I have attached the sample files to the email.
>
> Steps to recreate the defect on Windows 10.
>
> 1.Created a Test Repository called TEST_FileExtensionIssue.
>
> 2.Added a sample directory (including all app files) called 20056_SC_TEST.
>
> 3.Added the directory and subfolders to the trunk.
>
> 4.Set up the Ignore Property for files ending in “.awt.bmp”. There is
> only one file called 20056.awt.bmp.
>
> [...]
>
> 5.Make some changes to files and commit them, all works well.
>
> 6.Create a branch using the existing working copy.
>
> [...]
>
> 7.Make a change to the 20056.bmp file, not the .awt.bmp but the
> standard file (The .awt.bmp file should still be ignored).
>
> 8.File recognizes the change in the branch and shows a red exclamation
> point.
>
> 9.Attempt to commit that change to the branch and the gui becomes
> unresponsive.
>
> [...]
>
> The GUI will continue to attempt to reconcile the differences but will
> never finish. Usually I have to end the process via the Task Manager.
>
> Please let me know if additional information is needed. Thanks,

Since you are using TSVN and pointing out that the TSVN gui ends up
non-responsive in the test case, I suggest you post this question on the
TSVN mailing list instead. People and the devs over there might be able
to help you out more directly. See: https://tortoisesvn.net/community.html

Btw: I suggest you confirm the bug still exists with the latest TSVN
version (which is 1.9.4) before reporting the issue there.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett